I don’t know about you, but the cold weather makes me want to stay under the blankets with a warm meal. Here in East Texas, we’ve been having very chilly nights, and I think this cheesy, broccoli casserole is the perfect way to beat the cold! I call this recipe comfort food with good intentions. It’s a healthy serving of broccoli mixed together with a few delicious ingredients to help us all get through winter and make spring arrive a little faster! Enjoy!
- 1 can low sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 24 oz. frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 (2.8 oz) can of crispy fried onions
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 325º
- In a medium sauce pan heat butter and onions 4-5 minutes until translucent
- Add cream of mushroom soup, 1 cup of cheese and stir until well incorporated
- Remove from heat. Add sour cream and parsley
- Pour soup mixture on top of broccoli in medium size bowl. Toss until evenly coated.
- Move broccoli mixture into 8×12 baking dish
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes
- Remove and top with onions and remaining cheese
- Bake 12-15 minutes more
- Serve warm
Serve it up!