As much as I love cooking a warm, hearty breakfast, sometimes you need an on-the-go option for those busier days. Not only are these oat crisps perfect for hectic mornings, they’re also pretty versatile. Have some yogurt? Crumble the crisp as a crunchy topping. Got a jug of milk? Use the broken pieces as a cereal with some fresh fruit. Jar of peanut butter in the pantry? Spread some on an oat crisp slice and top with bananas and a drizzle of honey. Any way you slice it, these oat crips are a perfect start to any morning.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- Combine oats, oat bran, coconut, sugar and flour in a food processor until finely ground.
- In a separate bowl, mix in honey, peanut butter and chia seeds.
- Firmly pack into pan covering entire surface.
- Back for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Turn oven off and let oats cool in oven as temperature falls.
- Remove from oven after 10 minutes.
- Break granola up when cool.
Top it however you like!