The start of a new year usually causes people to think about their diet. Whether you’ve decided to cut a few things out, or follow a specific plan, that doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice flavor! These mini low-carb waffle omelets are wonderful for anyone interested in breakfasts with less fat or carbohydrates. And, they are very tasty! They can also be refrigerated to have a grab and go breakfast later in the week.
Ingredients (makes about 8 mini waffles and 4 regular waffles):
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked chopped potatoes
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon pieces
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- Preheat waffle maker
- Microwave bell pepper for 1 minute until tender
- In large bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder.
- Add egg and oil
- Whisk until no clumps remain
- Fold in potatoes, Gruyere, bacon, bell pepper and green onion
- Preheat oven to 225º
- Spray waffle maker with nonstick cooking spray and drop 1/4 cup of batter in center and spread evenly on surface.
- Cook egg mixture until eggs are done and waffle is golden in color
- Remove waffle and place on cookie sheet in preheated oven
- Repeat process until all egg mixture is gone
- Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers up to three days and place in oven to reheat.