Today was the first full day of summer. I thought the best way to welcome the new season in was with a delicious, summer themed recipe. I love sweet potatoes and have been looking for an excuse to use one in a new recipe. The warm potatoes pair well with tangy bbq chicken. Plus with the corn, it’s like a summer meal all in one dish. Grab a few sweet potatoes at your local grocery store and try this fun recipe out today!
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 ears of corn
- 10 oz shredded, cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400º
- Gently scrub sweet potatoes until clean. Pierce each potato with a fork two to three times on each side.
- Brush potatoes with olive oil and lightly sprinkle with salt
- Bake 50 minutes
- Combine shredded chicken with barbecue sauce
- Remove potatoes from oven and let sit for ten minutes
- While potatoes cool, remove corn from cob. Lightly sauté corn in olive oil, salt and pepper until soft.
- Cut sweet potato down the middle and fill with corn and barbecue chicken.