I was inspired to make this recipe after I visited my local frozen yogurt shop last week. In their topping section, they now had arils, or pomegranate seeds, available. Pomegranates are a very interesting fruit. They aren’t very fleshy, but are instead filled with arils that are a delicious snack on their own. So I created this healthy, pomegranate frozen yogurt, and it incorporates the tart taste of a pomegranate with vanilla yogurt. I love the flavor of the arils, and they make for a delicious topping!
- 4 cups vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup honey or agave (sweeten to taste)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 pomegranate, seeded for topping
- Combine yogurt, juice and agave in blender
- Pour mixture into prepared ice cream maker and turn machine on
- Slowly pour in chips
- Transfer ice cream to freezer once it has thickened
- Remove seeds from a pomegranate
- Allow ice cream to get hard and then scoop into bowls
- Top with pomegranate seeds or additional chocolate chips!
Scoop it up!