Baby it’s cold outside, and the best way to heat up this winter is with a glass of warm spiced mulled wine. I made this recipe Christmas Eve after a long day of getting everything ready, and it was so nice to cozy up to a warm and flavor glass of this delicious drink with my family. The cinnamon sticks and star anise give the wine a rich flavor that pairs well with the orange. It makes the entire house smell like the holidays! Try out this holiday wine with friends or family this winter and enjoy the flavor and the company.
- 1 bottle dry red wine
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise
- 1 medium orange sliced into rounds
- optional: 1/2 cup brandy
- Wash and slice orange into 1/4 inch thick slices
- Pour wine into medium sauce pan
- Add star anise, cinnamon, and orange slices (plus optional brandy)
- Simmer until slightly boiling
- Lower heat and cover pan, simmer for an hour
- Pour into glasses and garnish with additional oranges, cinnamon and anise
Served best with the company of good friends!