Growing up in an Italian family, cannoli quickly became one of my favorite desserts. My love for the dessert only grew when I studied abroad in Italy. For this holiday season, try this fun spin on the Italian classic with the peppermint crunch cannoli. It’s a simple way to impress everyone at the dinner table with only a few ingredients. You can find pre-made shells at most grocery stores. I found mine at my favorite local Italian Market, Lucci’s. So create this Christmas cannoli this winter and enjoy! B
- 1 package mini cannoli shells
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup powered sugar plus some for dusting
- 1 bag mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy
- Mix ricotta, mascarpone, cinnamon and powdered sugar in a bowl. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Melt 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips until smooth.
- Dip cannoli edges in melted chocolate and then cover chocolate with crushed peppermint candy
- Refrigerate cannoli with chocolate until firm
- Pipe ricotta mixture into cannoli shells until cheese fills entire shell.
- Refrigerate or serve immediately!