Sometimes you just need a new simple, delicious meal to add to your routine. This beef stir-fry meal is healthy and simple. The beef was so tender and it made for a great dinner and left overs! It’s perfect for a cold night will make the whole family happy! Plus, it’s a sneaky way to get a healthy serving of vegetables.
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 12 oz beef tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 1/2 t black pepper
- 1 t garlic powder
- 2 T dark brown sugar
- 3 T reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 T rice vinegar
- 1 T ground ginger
- 2 C fresh broccoli
- 2 C snow peas
- 1 1/2 C shiitake mushrooms, cleaned and halved
- 1 1/2 C sliced red peppers
- 8 oz can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 C chopped green onion
- Cooked jasmine rice for serving
- Heat 1 T of oil in large skillet.
- Salt and pepper beef.
- Add steak and garlic powder to pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until brown.
- Remove beef from pan and set aside.
- Combine sugar, soy sauce and rice vinegar in a small bowl.
- Add remaining 1 T of oil, broccoli, mushrooms, red peppers and water chestnutsand ground ginger to pan. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add snow peas and soy sauce mixture and cook another 4 minutes until vegetables are mostly cooked and sause is partially evaporated.
- Return beef to pan and cook another 2 minutes.
- Serve with jasmine rice and top with green onion. Makes 4 servings.
Perfect for a date or family night!