Fall is officially here my friends! I can’t believe how quickly this year has gone already. To celebrate the first day of fall I’m starting the season off with one of my favorite dishes. I used the Wee Bee Little’ variety of pumpkin. They’re adorable and the perfect size for a single serving. Pumpkins smell delicious as they finish cooking. The spice of the sausage, sweetness of the apple and the flavor of the guyere cheese blend together perfectly in this recipe. Scoop the cooked inner sides of the pumpkin with each bite of the stuffing. Simple and adorable!
- 4 Mini Pumpkins (approx 1 lb each)
- 1/2 lb spicy chicken sausage, cooked & crumbled
- 1/2 C Guyere cheese, diced into small cubes
- 1 medium fuji apple, diced into small cubes
- 1/4 C low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup crostini or croutons broken into 1/2 in. pieces
- Cut top 2 inches off of pumpkins.
- Clean the centers and remove all of the seeds.
- Cook sausage until crumbly and drain grease
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Stuff each pumpkin with the sausage mixture.
- Return cleaned tops back on pumpkins and place in a covered baking dish.
- Bake at 450 for 30 minutes then reduce heat to 350 and bake for an additional 25 minutes. Serve warm.
Enjoy each cheesy bite!