The best types of recipes are ones that look like they require a lot of effort, but in reality are pretty simple. That’s exactly what this pineapple teriyaki chicken and fried rice recipe is like. The homemade teriyaki sauce is tangy and delicious, but extremely easy to make. The pineapple and chicken just need a little grill time to achieve a wonderful flavor. And the fried rice really only requires a bit of sautéing. It’s a simple recipe for your busy life, but it’s sure to impress anyone at your dinner table. Enjoy!
Pineapple Chicken Skewers:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 sliced fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 corn on the Cobb
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 1/2 cup washed, chopped boy choy
- 1/2 edamame
- 1/2 cup sliced mushroom
- 2 cup white rice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ground pepper
- Heat soy sauce, water, sugar, garlic and ginger in medium saucepan
- Bring to boil for two minutes and then reduce to simmer until sauce thickens, may take about ten minutes
- Remove from heat and stir in honey before cooling
- Sauté bok choy, mushrooms, corn, edamame and green onion with olive oil. Add soy sauce and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Combine with cooked rice and mix thoroughly. Cover to keep warm.
- Slice chicken breast into two inch cubes and place on skewer, interchanging with similar sized pineapple cube
- Place skewer on grill over medium heat and cook one side for five minutes before turning
- Turn over and cook for five additional minutes
- Continue turning skewer and coat generously with teriyaki until chicken is cooked
Remove from grill and put it all together!
Plate it up and enjoy!