As summer comes to an end, there is no better way to celebrate your last few days of the season than with a delicious ice cream pie. This recipe is beyond simple! The rich flavors of cherry and almond are the perfect addition to vanilla ice cream. Plus, the crust is one of my favorite recipes. With just a food processor and a spoon, you’ll be finished making this tasty treat in less than 30 minutes, which leaves plenty of time for freezing and enjoying. Savor those last few moments of summer solstice with this wonderful cherry ice cream pie.
- 1 bag (10 oz) frozen cherries, chopped
- 1 gallon vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
- 2 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- Place almonds, coconut oil and honey in food processor. Grind until finely chopped.
- Press mixture into 9″ pie pan and freeze until set.
- Let vanilla ice cream soften.
- Lightly chop cherries in food processor, add almond extract.
- Set 1/4 cup of cherry mixture aside for topping.
- Combine ice cream and remaining cherry mixture.
- Spoon ice cream into pie pan.
- Place in freezer for two hours.
- Remove and top with additional cherries and almonds.
Enjoy before it melts!