In the summer time, a light salad can be so refreshing. Especially on a hot day. If you aren't crazy about salads, this salmon quinoa salad might just change your mind. The salad is a fresh dish that will still fill you up. Plus, it's extremely healthy. It has a good source of protein, iron and fiber. I love making this salad for either lunch or dinner and I hope you do to! Is there anything better than salmon?
- 2 4 ounce salmon filets
- Fresh ground pepper
- 2 C cooked tri-color quinoa
- 1/4 C diced bell pepper
- 1/4 C chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 C chopped red onion
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- 12 ounces mixed salad greens
- 2 T vinaigrette dressing
- sliced lemon for garnish
- Chop onion, tomatoes and green pepper
- Combine quinoa and vegetables in bowl
- Coat salmon in lemon juice and salt and pepper
- Place salmon, skin side up, onto a pan coated with olive oil at medium-high heat. Turn the salmon once sear marks are present.
- Put salmon in pan in a an oven preheated to 375 degrees to finish cooking, approximately 8 minutes.
- Toss mixed salad greens with vinaigrette dressing.
- Divide the greens between two plates and top with the quinoa mix.
- Remove salmon from the oven and place on top of quinoa.
- Serve with lemon and enjoy!