I was listening to Bruno Mars’s hit song, “That’s what I Like,” when the phrase ‘strawberry champagne on ice’ inspired me to create a delicious summer dessert. This sorbet is made out of only three wonderful ingredients: fresh strawberries (yum), champagne (double yum) and sugar. It’s so simple to make, and the end result is just as tasty as Bruno Mars makes it sound. So pop open that bottle of champagne, slice those strawberries, and enjoy some refreshing strawberry champagne on ice on these hot summer days. We hope you like it even more than Bruno does!
- 4 cups strawberries
- 1 1/2 cup champagne (I used prosecco)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Combine strawberries, sugar, and Champagne in a blender
- Blend ingredients until smooth
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker and follow the maker’s instructions (I let mine churn for 20 minutes)
- Pour the partially frozen mixture into a freezer safe container and store in freezer until sorbet is solid
- Scoop, serve, and enjoy before it melts in the summer heat!
Champagne glasses optional!
Enjoy each bite!