One thing I always find myself looking for is a new and exciting appetizer. I usually favor recipes that aren’t too heavy or filling, and prefer when they aren’t too time consuming. This dried cherry and pecan goat cheese spread has all of those fabulous elements. The fruit and nuts keep the goat cheese tasting light and summer inspired. I slice my own baguette for crostini to spread the cheese on, and the recipe was a big hit in our house. We even snacked on it the next couple of days! With relatively few ingredients and simple directions, this goat cheese appetizer is the perfect snack.
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup white wine (can substitute with grape juice)
- 1 cup soft, mild, goat cheese
- 1/2 cup pecans, lightly toasted
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- Cook cherries in white wine over medium heat until only about a tbsp of wine remains, staring occasionally
- Remove the cherries and liquid from the heat and let cool
- Chop cooled cherries and pecans into smaller pieces, combine with butter, goat cheese, and time
- Slice baguette and brush with olive oil before placing under broiler for two minutes on each side
- Stir mixture until ingredients are well incorporated and chill dip until ready to serve
Enjoy each bite!
Makes the perfect platter