Not only do avocados taste good, but they boost heart and digestive health with monounsaturated fatty acids! Since these creamy, green are fruits in season, avocado toast makes for a tasty and cost efficient breakfast or snack! Some of my favorite ways to top avocado toast include cooking up a fried egg, or getting creative with some fruits and vegetables. Have fun with deciding what goes on top! It’s filling and delicious, and is sure to make the summer a whole lot tastier!
- 2 large, ripe avocados
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 loaf, sliced bread of choice (I used wheat)
- suggested toppings can include egg, grated mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, sunflower seeds, mangos, strawberries, red pepper flakes, and balsamic vinegar
- Lightly toast slices of freshly baked bread
- Mash avocados in a bowl and add lemon and olive oil (I prefer a slightly chunky consistency)
- Spread the avocados on toast and top however you prefer!
You can keep it simple…
top it with a fried egg…
cover it in grated mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, and sunflower seeds…
or place some mango and strawberry in a balsamic glaze drizzle!
It’s good anyway you slice it!