If you’re stuck in a lunch rut and don’t enjoy all of the mayo that goes into traditional tuna salad, this recipe is for you. This Mediterranean tuna salad uses no mayo to help keep it healthy and fresh. The ingredients are simple and natural, and the recipe makes for a flavor bowl of tuna that can be scooped onto crackers or served on bread. The olives also give it a Mediterranean flavor! Plus, it doesn’t get much easier than this recipe. Chop, stir, and enjoy!
- 12 ounces albacore tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp sliced, pitted kalamata olives
- 2 tbsp sliced, pitted green olives
- 2 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- pinch of salt
- Dice onion, pepper, olives, and parsley
- Toss vegetables in bowl with olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in medium bowl
- Add tuna to the mixture and toss gently to keep tuna in small chunks
- Serve (preferably chilled) over bread, crackers, or sliced tomato
Enjoy every bite!
For more fun recipes check out livinthekitchen.net!