S’mores are a staple of any summer bonfire! The melting chocolate and gooey marshmallow combine perfectly in between fresh graham cracker sheets. In case you don’t have the weather for a bonfire, or prefer to enjoy the delicious taste of the s’mores without the actual bonfire, these smuffins bring all of the greatness of s’mores into a mini muffin form. They’re a perfect size to snack on and are great for all ages. I brought them to a work party and they a huge hit! So bring all of the wonderful flavors of summer into your kitchen this year and enjoy!
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups mini marshmallows or chopped regular marshmallows
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips or chopped regular chocolate bar
- Food process graham cracker sheets until you have about two cups full
- Mix with vanilla, sugar, and melted butter until moist crumbs form
- Fill mini muffin tin with graham cracker crumbs and pack tightly until cups are about 3/4ths of the way full
- Bake for five minutes
- Top graham cracker filled cups with chocolate bits and then marshmallow
- Bake cups again for four minutes
- Refrigerate cups for ten minutes to allow the graham cracker to cool and settle
- Remove from refrigerator and allow cups to reach room temperature before serving. (You can microwave for ten seconds for an extra gooey affect)
Cups will be crumbly but delicious.
For more fun recipes check out livinthekitchen.net!