Is there anything better than a dessert with fresh berries and cream? I don’t think so either. With this combination of freshly made whipped cream and light, fluffy angel food cake, this triple berry trifle is the ultimate spring dessert. The layers of fresh berries give it a natural sweetness that is complimented by the angel food cake and cream cheese. Plus, it’s probably the easiest dessert to make. It took me about 15 minutes from start to finish, and it disappeared even faster than that after Easter dinner. It was a big hit with my family, and I hope it’s a hit with yours!
And don’t forget to check out even more recipes at livinthekitchen.net!
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 packets cream cheese
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 loaves angel food cake, cubed (about 22 oz)
- 2 cups mixed berries
- Beat cream cheese and sugar on high speed until creamy
- add whipping cream and lemon juice until mixture is light and fluffy
- Cut angel food cake into small cubes
- Layer the bottom of the trifle dish with angel food cake
- Gently fold whipped cream over food cake into a thick, smooth layer
- Top with berries in an even layer
- Add food cake, whipped cream, and berries on top until the dish is completely filled
Enjoy once prepared or refrigerate before serving!