Sometimes it’s nice to have a a go-to small dish that you can either bring to a party or create for the family. If you don’t have one yet (or if you’re looking to change it up) these spicy shrimp cakes should be your new go-to dish. They work perfectly for an appetizer in a big group setting, but also function as a dinner for a smaller group. They’re so simple to make, and the jalapeño sauce gives it just the right kick to place this recipe on my all time favorite list. Save some for me!
And don’t forget to check out livinthekitchen.net for more fun recipes!
Shrimp Cake Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 lb cooked & peeled shrimp
- 2 T unsalted butter
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 C finely crushed saltine crackers
- 1 T hot-pepper sauce, and more for serving
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1/3 C mayonnaise
- 1/4 C chives, finely chopped
- ground pepper
- 1 C bread crumbs
Jalapeño Tartar Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/2 C light mayonnaise
- 1 T dijon mustard
- 2 t fresh lemon juice
- 1 fresh jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
- ground pepper
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Stir and refrigerate.
- Chop shrimp into fine pieces.
- Mix shrimp in a medium bowl along with green onion, crushed saltines, hot-pepper sauce, egg, mayonnaise, chives and pepper.
- Shape mixture into 12 small cakes.
- Spread bread crumbs onto a plate.
- Dredge the cakes in the bread crumbs until evenly coated.
- Heat 1 T of butter in a large skillet and sauté half of shrimp cakes until golden brown, 3 minutes, on each side.
- Add remaining butter and sauce remaining shrimp cakes.
- Serve with Jalapeño Tartar Sauce, additional hot-pepper sauce, and lemon wedges.
Fresh off the skillet!
Love this recipe? Comment, share, or follow more similar posts. Or check us out on pinterest for more food inspiration!