I love fresh fruits. They are sweet and perfect at any part of the day. This recipe can be heated up on it’s own as a breakfast, snack, side dish, or even with ice cream for a dessert. The freshly sliced fruits combined with walnuts and a little bit of cinnamon and honey will make the entire house smell delicious. It’s a fairly healthy snack and also makes for a pretty dish!
- 8 oz fresh pineapple, chopped
- 2 Fuji apples
- 2 Bartlett pears
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- honey drizzle to taste
- Slice the fruit into 1/2 inch chunks.
- Toss fruit and nuts into bowl and combine cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, and melted coconut oil in a separate bowl.
- Pour mixture over fruit and mix until pieces are coated evenly.
- Drizzle honey over the top until it reaches your desired level of sweetness.
- Pour fruit mixture onto baking sheet and place in oven at 325º for about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove and serve warm by itself or on top of a delicious scoop of ice cream