Quinoa has become one of my favorite grains to cook with. It’s a complete protein containing all nine essential amino acids so it offers a lot of nutritional value and can fill you up and keep you full. This recipe in particular is perfect for the days when you’re cooking with quinoa and find yourself with some leftovers. Pair the quinoa with oats, apples and cinnamon and you’ve got yourself a delicious and healthy muffin that can be stored in the refrigerator all week for a grab-and-go breakfast. I loved the way these muffins turned out and I hope you will too!
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup uncooked old fashioned oats
- 1 apple finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tso vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup honey
- Combine cooked quinoa and dry oats in a bowl
- Add cinnamon and two beaten eggs
- Mix until thoroughly combined and fold in finely chopped apple pieces
- Spoon mixture into greased baking sheet, packing down as you go
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350º and serve warm or store in refrigerator for one week
Pairs perfectly with a morning tea or coffee!