Hello my lovely bakers. Well, it’s February again and you know what that means…Valentine’s Day! Whether you have a date or not this year, there is always one thing that will make the day a little extra sweet and that’s dessert. This year I recommend the sweet heart shortbread. It has such simple ingredients and is very flavorful that it will win over any sweetheart! This dish is perfect for a simple yet tasty dessert that can be jazzed up with fresh fruit and ice cream. It is sure to impress your Valentine’s date, Gal-entine’s friends, or anyone else you want to share it with!
Ingredients (Makes 1 1/2 dozen):
1 C butter, room temperature
3/4 C onfectioner sugar
2 C all-purpose flour
1/2 t vanilla
Sprinkles (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cream butter and blend sugar in gradually.
- Add flour slowly until well incorporated and add vanilla.
- Press shortbread dough into a greased mold or into desired shap
- Bake for 16 minutes or until cookies are golden brown
- Cool before removing from tray.
- Serve with sprinkles, ice cream, and fruit!