Recently I’ve heard so many beneficial things about quinoa, like its high protein and fiber content, that I wanted to create a delicious quinoa breakfast recipe. Cooking the quinoa with a little cinnamon and vanilla gives it a wonderful taste and smell! Now I know that when you think of a parfait you may not typically think of quinoa, but the low fat and low sugar alternative to granola is the perfect way to start the day. Plus the layers create a beautiful presentation to impress the whole family!
- 2 cup vanilla or greek yogurt
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh berries (I used strawberry and blueberry)
- Wash quinoa and add to boiling water, when water is absorbed add vanilla and cinnamon
- Let quinoa cool and then place in desired parfait jar
- Layer with fruit, yogurt and then an additional layer of quinoa
- Repeat the layers until you reach the top of the bowl
- Serve chilled
The perfect breakfast!