Pasta is so tasty and simple, unfortunately a lot of pasta dishes are very fattening. With this skinny Alfredo recipe it cuts out some of the fat and allows you to enjoy pasta with a little less guilt. This recipe is quick to prepare and will be a favorite in your family. Especially when starting off a new year, being able to enjoy the things you love with half the guilt!
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 grated parmesan cheese
- 1 package fettuccine
- 1/2 pound chicken breast
- Dice and cook chicken breast in medium pan.
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauce until brown.
- In a small sauce pan, stir together milk, chicken broth, flour, salt and pepper over a low heat until mixture is smooth and thick.
- Stir in garlic and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until sauce is thick. Add chicken to pasta.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese.