Sometimes Thanksgiving dinner can be a bit overwhelming. There are so many dishes, a lot of guests, and too much time spent in the kitchen on a day that you really just want to relax. If you’re looking for a way to simplify the traditional Thanksgiving menu complete with turkey, sides, a drink, and dessert that still keeps the delicious side of it, this Thanksgiving day line up is the perfect choice for you. The recipes are simple but packed with flavor, and all of your traditional recipes are still there, just with a spin. This Thanksgiving check out how Liv creates the perfect Friendsgiving menu so that you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time being simply thankful!
The turkey is always the most work and the most time consuming. This simplified version gives you smaller pieces of turkey to maximize your time and still give you that great turkey taste. Recipe here.
The combination of flavors in this side dish makes it a must try. It’s very easy to make and is guaranteed to make your Thanksgiving dinner a favorite. Recipe here.
Fresh Cranberry Relish
- 1 lb fresh cranberries
- 2 seedless tangerines (with peel)
- 1 apple (with skin, seeded and quartered)
- 1/4 C apple juice
- 1/4 C honey
- Place all ingredients in food processor and pulse until desired consistency (slightly chunky is recommended).
Pear and Grape Lettuce Wraps with Champagne Vinaigrette
- 2 ripe pears, sliced
- 1 C red, seedless grapes, sliced in half
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1 C arugula lettuce
- 1/3 C crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 C chopped walnuts
- champagne vinaigrette
- Arrange whole leaves of butter lettuce on a tray.
- Gently toss arugula lettuce, pears, grapes and walnuts in champagne vinaigrette.
- Spoon a small amount into each butter lettuce leaf.
- Top with goat cheese crumbles.
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1/4 C champagne vinegar
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- 2 T honey
- 1/2 C extra virgin olive oil
- Whisk all ingredients together, except olive oil
- Add olive oil slowly and whisk until smooth.
There’s nothing than a buttery, fluffy pile of delicious smooth mashed potatoes. Make it a dish to impress. Recipe here.
A delicious fall themed drink that will have your friends asking for the recipe all night! Recipe here.
End the night with a rich and tasty pumpkin themed dessert. It’s stylish, simple, and sets you apart from the basic pumpkin pie! Recipe here.