Mashed potatoes seem like a no brainer recipe, but when it comes down to it, having a good mashed potato recipe brings your Thanksgiving meal to an entirely new level. The secret really lies in the milk and butter. Although mashed potatoes aren’t the healthiest side dish, it’s only one day a year right? You deserve a plate full of buttery, fluffy goodness. A good bowl of mashed potatoes ties in the Thanksgiving dinner, so complete yours with the best mashed potato recipe. Also check out the rest of Liv’s Friendsgiving menu to enjoy simple and delicious Thanksgiving with friends and family.
- 5 Yukon gold potatoes
- 5 Russet Potatoes
- 1 C milk, room temperature
- 1/2 C butter, room temperature
- ground black pepper
- Peel potatoes and slice into 1 inch pieces.
- Place in large pot and cover with cold water.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Bring water to boil and cook until potatoes are soft ( about 15 min).
- Drain potatoes from water and place in mixing bowl.
- Add butter, milk and fresh ground pepper.
- Add additional salt, if desired.
- Mix until light and fluffy.