Sweet tooths rejoice! In the spirit of the Fall and Thanksgiving season, I have a recipe for you that will satisfy any sweet cravings. If you’re looking for a spin on the classic pumpkin pie dish, the pumpkin cheesecake mini trifles are a great option. They have a bit of style to them with the mini trifle dishes, but are still very simple and easy to make! Pumpkin cheesecake has such a rich, delicious flavor that the size is the perfect amount too. This small serving dessert is packed with traditional flavor and looks beautiful on the table. Get ready to have one for every dinner guest, these are sure to be a hit!
- 4 oz lite cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz canned pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup heavy cream, cold
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 cup crumbled gingerbread cookies
- 1/2 cup chopped, candied pecans (reserve a small amount to top each trifle)
- Mix cream cheese, brown sugar, vanilla, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice at medium speed until smooth. Set aside.
- Beat heavy cream on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually add granulated sugar.
- Heat sugar until it melts in pot. Pour over candied pecans and cool until hardened.
- Combine crumbled cookies and chopped nuts.
- Divide 1/2 of cookie mix between parfait cups.
- Next layer with pumpkin, then with whipped cream.
- Repeat layering steps.
- Top with a candied pecan shards.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.