Although staples like turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes often steal the spotlight on Thanksgiving, side dishes are often equally as tasty and come with a little more creative freedom. This Thanksgiving, try out this healthy and delicious side dish that is so easy to make you’ll wonder why you never made it before. It combines the different flavors of sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, and pomegranate seeds to make a side dish that is low in calorie and high in taste. It’s a simple dish that will have everyone asking you for the recipe by the end of the night. And saving a couple of calories will help make room for some pumpkin pie.
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 lb brussel sprouts
- 1 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- olive oil
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Wash sweet potatoes and cut into thick slices (approx 3/4”).
- Clean brussel sprouts and cut in half.
- Toss the sweet potato slices with 1 tbsp garlic powder, pepper and coat with olive oil.
- Arrange on a 9×11 cooking pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Toss brussel sprouts with 1 tbsp garlic powder, pepper and olive oil and add them to the pan with the sweet potatoes.
- Bake and additional 10 minutes.
- Remove and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.
- Serve immediately.