Football season is upon us folks. There really is no better way to spend the weekend than relaxing with friends and family and slipping into a food coma as you watch grown men tackle each other. With football here, that means it’s time to spend your Sundays on the couch with an ice cold beer in your hand. Or if you’d rather, try using your beer for a delicious football night dinner. It is a classic way to impress your football buds and warm up your house on those chilly fall nights. It’s a hearty recipe that the entire family will enjoy, and you’re going to wish that Sundays happened more often. It’s the perfect comfort food recipe even without a game on too, so make it whenever you like.
- 1 C chopped white onion
- 1 lb boneless top round steak, trimmed
- 1 (14.5oz) can diced tomatoes with garlic, basil and oregano
- 1/2 cup light beer
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1/4 tsp salt
- ground pepper
- garlic powder
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high and coat with cooking spray
- Season meat with pepper and garlic powder
- Cook until lightly brown on each side (approx 3 minutes)
- Add onions to crockpot and top with steak
- Pour tomatoes and beer over steak
- Cook on low for 8 hours or until steak is very tender
- Shred steak with fork and add molasses and salt
- Let stand 10 minutes
- Serve with mashed potatoes.
And good luck to your favorite team this season!