It’s recipes like this that make me think, why don’t I make margaritas more often? They’re simple, tasty, and much cheaper than any margarita you could buy at a restaurant. The best part about making your own is that you can customize it. Substitute some of the high calorie and sugary ingredients out, and use whatever fruits or flavors you like. This recipe is for a classic margarita, but you can always muddle some strawberry, peach, or mango for a fruity twist! So waste the day away in margaritaville and sip away your end of summer sadness.
- 3 tbsp Good quality tequila
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- chili powder (if desired)
- Combine a small amount of salt and chili powder in a dish.
- Rim a glass with juice from a slice of lime and press it in the salt mix. Add a few ice cubes to the glass.
- Mix tequila, lime and orange juice, agave nectar and a handful of ice in a drink shaker.
- Pour immediately into glass and top with a dash of tequila.
- Note: if you prefer a sweeter margarita, increase the amount of agave nectar. You can also muddle different fruits (strawberry, peach, melon, etc) and place at the bottom of glass before pouring the margarita mixture from the shaker for a fruit blend margarita.