Mojitos are an incredibly refreshing drink. Especially in the summer time, the fresh mint and blackberries are always available, giving this drink a wonderfully sweet and refreshing taste. I picked up some blackberries from the local street fair that happens every Tuesday night in Huntington Beach, and kept the recipe skinny by just adding a tablespoon of agave, and wow, it was great. Make it as strong or as fruity as you like it, just don’t forget to garnish!
Ingredients (per mojit0):
- 6 ripe blackberries (plus a few more for garnish)
- 5 mint leaves (plus a few more for garnish)
- 1 oz white rum
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 2 oz club soda (I used sparkling water)
- 1/2 lime juiced
- Place mint and berries in bottom of shaker
- Muddle until berries are broken up and mint is fragrant
- Pour rum and agave on top
- Add ice and shake a couple of times in shaker
- Pour in glass
- Top off with more ice and club soda
- Garnish and serve chilled!