With all of the fresh fruit available during summer, this dessert becomes very easy and colorful. Whether or not you like actual sushi, fruishi (fruit-sushi) can still hold a place in your heart. Fruishi uses jasmine rice, coconut milk, and fruit to create a tasty and adorable summer treat that can be a party snack or a light after dinner dessert. It’s sweet, refreshing and not too heavy. It’s also really fun to make your own rolls and become a sushi chef for the night. You can make it however you like and store it in the refrigerator for an upcoming event!
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 cup jasmine rice
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- Fruit of your choice
- 4 fruit strips
- 1/3 cup toasted coconut
- Boil the water and add the rice and coconut milk until the rice is fully cooked and the liquid is absorbed
- Add in the sugar and honey and let rice cool
3. Roll 1/3 of the rice flat on a mat covered with cling wrap in a rectangular shape
4. Cover the rice with fruit strips (you can use two if the fruit strips are a little thick)
5. Place the fruit of your choice on the fruit leather
6. Form the rice into a roll and slice. If the rice is too soft to slice try freezing for 25 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle toasted coconut shred on top for decoration.