My entire life I have always been on the move. Whether I was running from school to practice or games, my mom would always show up to support me and bring snacks. Let me tell you, there’s nothin more exciting between games or after a long day than when your mom pulls out a giant tub of pasta salad. We often refer to it as the “cooler pasta salad” because it was always in the cooler she would bring to my games. This pasta salad is perfect for events outside of sports too. You can bring it to the park for a picnic, whip up a batch for the next family holiday, or just serve it for dinner. We like to keep it healthy by having more veggies and chicken in the salad than pasta. And the fresh buffalo mozzarella makes it an extra special treat. So try out this pasta salad that has been mom tested and approved!
- 1 cup cucumbers
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup soft mozzarella
- 1/3 cup sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup sliced dry salami
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 1 cup sliced bell peppers
- 2 cups orecchiette pasta
- 1/4 cup lite vinaigrette
- 1 1/2 shredded chicken breast
- Boil the pasta until soft and drain water. As it cools drizzle a little olive oil to prevent pasta from sticking.
- Let pasta cool, then add veggies and meat on top
- Add pepper and vinaigrette before mixing the pasta salad
- Serve immediately or chill before serving (or put it in your cooler!)
Serve it up!