Shrimp cocktails have been one of my favorite appetizers ever since I was a little girl. There’s just something about fresh shrimp in the tangy cocktail sauce that makes my mouth water. So when creating this appetizer, I decided to bump it up a few notches. I started with a little lettuce and then slices of avocado, and then followed it with fresh crab and shrimp to top it off. I made my own cocktail sauce too and it turned out tasty with a little kick to it. The lemons and olives were just for garnish but the jars ended up turning out so cute, they would be perfect appetizers for a party or gathering. Let the cocktail party begin!
Cocktail Sauce Recipe:
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- Fill the jars with cleaned lettuce
- Add baby shrimp with a little bit of sauce followed by sliced avocado
- Cover with crab pieces sprinkled with lemon juice
- Hang shrimp over the side and garnish with olives, lemons and extra sauce if desired
- Refrigerate or serve immediately
The finished product!