Mmm breakfast. Tofu is a high protein item that is used in a lot of dishes, but isn’t incorporated into breakfast a lot. This recipe combines smooth slices of tofu with a classic egg scramble for a new and high protein dish. I used spinach, mushrooms, and onion, but you can use whatever veggies are your favorite. You also can use 6 egg whites instead of four whole eggs to get an extra protein boost in this two person serving. I paired my tofu scramble with a side of whole wheat toast to form the perfect combination of grains and protein.
Tofu Veggie Scramble Ingredients:
- 3 eggs (or 6 egg whites)
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 package sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 package firm tofu
- Sautee onions in olive oil over medium heat
- Add mushrooms and spinach to the mix
- Gently pat dry tofu to remove excess water, slice into small cubs and add to pan
- Whisk together eggs with cracked pepper
- Pour eggs over mixture and cook until eggs are firm, scrambling as it cooks
- Serve warm!